Monday 24 May 2010

Aztec

















I am a keen illustrator and graphic artist, I got into art because of graffiti. I use to do it for fun with my peers and then when I became older I realised that it wasn’t just about being a vandal or "tagging", it was also an art form. As I started to read a vast amount of graffiti magazines I came to the realization that a lot of these artists did this for a living. Their artwork were such good quality that they were been sold for a large amount of money. One influential graffiti artist who changed the way I viewed the art form was the UK artist Aztec. I was blown away and admired the bold bright colours that he used mixed with the complex graffiti fonts. He often used different characters in his work. He's work shows the creativity of a graffiti artist as well as the skills of an illustrator. Banksy is another artist who hit the graffiti world with a storm. But unlike Aztec I do not consider Banksy to be a fellow graffiti artist. Banksy's works are more about political and worldly issues, whilst other writers are much more expressive in the way they work. Banksy is known for he's stencil artwork, whilst the ethos and production of graffiti usually deal with free hand pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment